Ageya Wilderness Education Retreat Center www.ageya.org
Location: 3.1 miles north of Homer, 160 acres on the ridge just above Homer with a spectacular view of Kachemak Bay
Contact: Ageya Wilderness Education, (907) 277-3477 or (907) 351-0053, Kevin Dee or Patty Dolese
What they offer:
- New lodge can accommodate up to 75 people. Classroom also available
- Lodge has commercial kitchen, bathrooms, showers; laundry room, and a computer area.
- 8 winterized and heated yurts with bunk beds. (accommodations for 50)
- Year-round Trails adjoin Wynn Nature Center
- Group discounts available
Homer High School
Location: Pioneer Ave, Downtown Homer
Contact: Homer Community Schools, (907) 399-1480, Chris Perk
What they offer with advance scheduling:
- Floor space in the Green Room or Mat Room (no beds).
- Home Economics room for large meal prep.
3 cooking stove
- Commons available for eating space
*Note: Less flexibility during the school year, i.e. you may have to be out the door when students come for classes September - May.
Homer Hostel www.homerhostel.com
Location: Pioneer Avenue, downtown Homer
Contact: Will at (907) 235-1463
- Groups up to 25
- Summer $20.85 / night / person (group discount available)
- Winter (September - June): off-season group discounts available.
- Group meeting area
- Kitchen and cooking facilities
Location: East End Road. 5 miles east of downtown Homer.
Contact: Mossy at (907) 235-7850
- Call ahead
- Bunkhouse for up to 10 individuals
- Pavilion cooking area
- Campfire area
- Beach access
Homer Boys & Girls Club
Location: Sterling Highway, downtown Homer
Contact: Director; Loretta Erickson at (907) 235-2772
Must call for advanced scheduling
- Floor space for sleeping
- Cooking facilities:
refrigerator and freezer
(no stove top)
- Indoor gymnasium
- Group meeting area
- $50 per stay plus $300 deposit
*Note: Less flexible during school year. They may have athletics until 7:00 pm on some evenings, but the facility could be open for morning use until 1:30 pm.
Best Western Bidarki Inn
Location: Sterling Highway, Downtown Homer
Contact Frances at 235-8148
- Sleeping rooms $59, 4 people to a room, winter only.
- Bufett meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cost of buffet varies depending on what you want
Map by www.eagleyemaps.com. Click to zoom.